JFrog Cookies Policy
Last update October 6, 2021
- What are Cookies?
- What types of Cookies do we use?
- How to control or delete Cookies?
- Got any questions?
If you do not accept the use of these Cookies, please disable them using the instructions in this Cookies Policy or by changing your browser settings so that Cookies from this Site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are computer files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies can then be sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that Cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies have many different purposes, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Site before or whether you are a new visitor.
Our Site includes two forms of Cookies:
- First Party Cookies: made available directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third Party Cookies: made available by a third party on our behalf.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some Cookies are ‘Session Cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other Cookies are ‘Persistent Cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
We may also use web beacons or other similar Cookie technologies. When a visitor accesses our Site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by third parties. These web beacons usually work in conjunction with Cookies. If you don’t want your Cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off Cookies as described further below. If you turn off Cookies, web beacon and other technologies will still detect your visits to our Site; however, they will not be associated with information otherwise stored in Cookies.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Site;
- understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Site and continually improve it; and
- customize and enhance your online experience.
We may also include web beacons in e-mail messages to you in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links contained within them have been clicked.
3. What types of Cookies do we use?
The types of Cookies used by us and our partners in connection with the site can be classified into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential to provide you with the service available through this Site (“Service”) and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
- Performance and Analytics Cookies
We use these Cookies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site. For example, these Cookies allow us to:
- better understand the Site visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
- test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
- collect information about the Site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
- determine the number of unique visitors of the Site;
- improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur; and
- conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
We also use Google Analytics to gather general information about how visitors use our Site for the purposes of website optimization and analytics. To find out more about Google Analytics’ privacy policies, please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Preferences and Functional Cookies
These Cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Site to you. These Cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Site, we can provide you with the Service as you have asked for it to be provided. For example, these Cookies allow us to:
- save your location preference if you have set your location on the homepage in order to receive a localized information;
- remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- identify your approximate location via the information supplied by your browser to help target our content;
- show you when you are logged in; and
- store accessibility options.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies
These Cookies may be set through our Site by our third-party advertising partners. They may be used to show you relevant adverts on other sites by uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
4. How to control or delete Cookies
In addition, most browsers will allow you to change your Cookie settings via the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings and learn how to use them, please consult the “Help” function of your browser, or the documentation published online for your particular browser type and version. Some browsers may use a “Do Not Track” setting to signal other websites to not use certain Cookies. This lacks consistency in the field and therefore we currently do not respond to such signals, as many other highly regarded websites.
5. Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Cookies Policy please contact us via email at email@example.com.