Optimize Development Performance and Enhance Security In The Software Development Lifecycle
This enterprise fortune 500 company is one of the world’s largest retailers with 500+ stores across the globe, 9,000+ employees and 5,000 developers. The Cloud Acceleration (tools, automation and education) team at this enterprise company helps their developers move faster and meet high standards for uptime, performance and security. They are constantly updating their developer tools and resources to ensure that their developers have the best possible experience and that they can move as fast as possible.
This organization’s primary goal was to improve infrastructure performance and security resilience. They were looking to enable multi-region synchronization to allow for secured and enhanced performance across the globe for all developers in the organization, eliminating delays and significantly improving binary management efficiency.
With over 5,000 developers across the globe actively working in multiple regions, one of the main challenges was implementing this solution while achieving near zero downtime for these developers. This solution allowed the DevOps team to manage their organizational goals.
The DevOps team partnered with JFrog Professional Services to implement a comprehensive solution that includes:
- Consolidate and migrate the JFrog Platform into a new cloud infrastructure
- Implement security best practices
- Execute an active-active multi-region architecture
- Achieve near zero-downtime for development teams
This solution allows for increased SDLC reliability and security while also allowing for greater development flexibility and scalability.
This company now has fully scalable and secured artifact repositories in their JFrog DevOps Platform infrastructure as a self-service cloud solution for their developers. They were able to: implement security best practices as part of their SDLC, decommission datacenter space, maximize cost efficiency, improve uptime and reliability, and create artifact consistency across teams.
- Improve infrastructure performance and multi-region synchronization across the globe for all developers in the organization
- Enhance security best practices
- Scalable and secure infrastructure migrated from on-prem to the multi-region cloud deployment
- Secured SDLC best practice processes
- Uptime improvements, more reliable access by developers, and consistency of binaries used across globally distributed developer teams
- JFrog Professional Services Team
- JFrog Platform
- JFrog Artifactory
- JFrog Artifactory Edge
- JFrog Xray