Software development can be an extremely complex process involving many developers, or teams of developers working on shared code bases, accessing the same build tools, downloading components, and deploying builds into the same software product.
A Binary Repository Manager is a software hub that simplifies the development process for different teams across an organization by helping them to collaborate on building coherent and compatible software components. It does this by centralizing the management of all the binary artifacts generated and used by the organization, thereby overcoming the incredible complexity arising from diverse binary artifact types, their position in the overall workflow and the set of dependencies between them.
Some of the many benefits of using a Binary Repository Manager are:
- Reliable and consistent access to remote artifacts
- Reduced network traffic and optimized builds
- Tight integration with build ecosystems
- Custom handling of artifacts to comply with any organization’s requirements
- Security and access control to artifacts and repositories
- Manage licensing requirements and open source governance for use of software components
- Distributing and sharing artifacts across an organization
- System stability and reliability with high availability architecture
- Smart search for binaries
- Advanced maintenance and monitoring tools
To read about these and more benefits, click below to read the White Paper.