Using External Dependencies with Conan @ Bay Area C++ User Group Meetup
September 27, 2022
< 1 min read
Abstract: In the 2022 C++ survey results an overwhelming majority ~80% said managing libraries was painful, nearly 50% called it a major pain. Given this is not even a conversation in another ecosystem, it’s time we solve it once and for all.
This talk will give an introduction to Conan and focus on the latest features you can use today to overcome any challenges. You’ll learn how to work on a CMake project, use different generators, and take advantage of multi-config presets. The goal is you give you a clear picture of how Conan fits into your existing workflow.
- What is Conan? Why do you need it? Alternatives?
- Searching, Download, install or build from source any open-source project with Conan.
- Settings, Profiles and Preset
- Adding Dependencies, Testing Requirements
- Teasing Conan 2.0 new model
- Publishing your own projects to ConanCenter!
Few slides, lots of demos, lots of things covered – you will leave the talk able to leverage other projects much more quickly than you could do before.