Last updated: November 28, 2023
- What are Cookies?
- What types of Cookies do we use?
- How to control or delete Cookies?
- Got any questions?
JFrog (including our Affiliates worldwide – collectively, “JFrog“, “us”, “our” or “we”) uses certain web monitoring and tracking technologies, such as cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, mobile device IDs and similar files or technologies (collectively “Cookie(s)”) to automatically collect and store information about your browser, device, and Services usage, to optimize our offerings and marketing activities, and to enhance the user experience for our visitors and users (“you”, or “your“), when you visit any of our websites including https://www.jfrog.com/ (together with its sub-domains, the “Website”) and our platform (collectively, the “Services”).
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are computer files containing small amounts of information which are stored through the browser on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies provide a so-called memory for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately. Cookies have many different purposes, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Website before or whether you are a new visitor.
Cookies may be set by us (First-Party Cookies) or by third party service providers (“Service Providers”) who work with us (Third-Party Cookies), either for the duration of your visit (Session Cookies) or for longer periods (Persistent Cookies). The length of time a Persistent Cookie stays on your device varies between Cookies. Please note that our access to and control over such Third-Party Cookies is limited and subject to such other websites, services and Service Providers’ own terms and policies.
You are not obligated to accept all Cookies in order to visit our Website; however, enabling Cookies may allow for a more personalized browsing experience and is required for some of features to work.
- help our Services to work, or work more efficiently;
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Services;
- understand the types of internet browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g., Windows or Mac) used by you;
- facilitate and optimize our marketing campaigns, ad management and sales operations;
- determine whether email messages have been opened and links contained within them have been clicked;
- monitor the performance of our Services and continually improve it; and
- customize and enhance your online experience.
3. What types of Cookies do we use?
The types of Cookies used by us and our Service Providers in connection with the Website can be classified into the following categories:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential to provide you with the Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
We use these Cookies to analyze how the Services are accessed, used, and their performance in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Services. For example, these Cookies allow us to:
- better understand your actions so that we can improve how we present our offerings;
- test different design ideas for particular pages;
- collect information about location and browsers used;
- determine the number of unique visits;
- improve the Services by measuring any errors that occur; and
- conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google) which is based on Cookie technology. The information generated by this Cookie is usually sent to and stored in a Google server in the US. On behalf of JFrog, Google will use the generated information to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activities, and to provide us with additional services connected with website and Internet use. Please note, the IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not logged or stored by Google. Further information about the privacy practices of Google Analytics is available at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Further information about your option to opt-out of Google Analytics is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These Cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Services to you. When you continue to use or come back to the Services, we can provide you with the Service as you have asked for it to be provided. For example, these Cookies allow us to:
- remember settings you have applied, such as language, layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- identify your approximate location via the information supplied by your browser to help target our offerings;
- show you when you are logged in and maintain your login session; and
- store accessibility options.
These Cookies are used to make advertisements more relevant to you. Our Service Providers may use them to learn about your browsing habits (including your visits to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have clicked) and other unique identifiers that may help identify you and your interests, in order to retarget you and serve advertisements that are relevant to you (for example if you look at one page on our Services, an advertisement may be delivered to you regarding our Services on other websites).
Under some US data protection laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), our sharing of certain internet activity and device information with Service Providers through Cookies may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of personal information for targeted advertising. We do so in pursuit of the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2 above. For the purposes of the CCPA, in the last 12 months we have “sold” or “shared” (for targeted advertising) Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, and Commercial Information with our analytics and advertising Service Providers.
You may opt out of all Cookies that may result in a “sale” and/or “sharing” of your personal information for targeted advertising in the following ways:
- Click the “Cookie Settings” button (available in our Website’s footer), move the toggle switch next to “Targeting” to grey (disabled), then click the “Confirm My Choices” button. (Please note: If you visit us from a different device or browser, or clear Cookies, then you need to return to this screen to re-select your preferences.)
- Complete the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” form available here: https://preferences.jfrog.com/form/opt_out.
4. How to control or delete Cookies
Most browsers will also allow you to change your Cookie settings via the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings and learn how to use them, please consult the “Help” function of your browser, or the documentation published online for your particular browser type and version. Some browsers may use a “Do Not Track” setting to signal other websites to not use certain Cookies. This lacks consistency in the field and therefore we currently do not respond to such signals, as many other highly regarded websites.
In addition, most advertising networks offer individuals from the US (www.aboutads.info/choices), the EU (https://youronlinechoices.eu/) or the UK (https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices) a way to opt-out from the collection of their data by advertising partners who participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and the European Digital Advertising Alliance (eDAA). Please note, this does not opt you out of being served advertising entirely, as you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
5. Got any questions?