What is a YUM repository
A YUM repository is a repository meant for holding and managing RPM Packages. It supports clients such as yum and zypper used by popular Unix systems such as RHEL and CentOS for managing binary packages. Artifactory is a fully-fledged RPM and YUM repository manager allowing you to integrate YUM packaging management into your organization and to your CI/CD software development flows. It enables:
- RPM metadata calculation for RPMs hosted in Artifactory local repositories.
- Provisioning RPMs directly from Artifactory to YUM clients.
- Enables high concurrency performance for the software development industry
- Detailed RPM metadata views from Artifactory's web UI.
- Providing GPG signatures that can be used by the YUM client to authenticate RPM metadata.