When “Allow Anonymous Access” is turned off it disables all access to Artifactory unless valid user-credentials are provided. If you want to allow Anonymous access, but only to specific resources/repositories, you can use Artifactory's security model to define unique permissions for Anonymous access on each repository.
To allow fine tuned and limited anonymous access in Artifactory, do the following:
- Navigate to UI ? Admin ? Security ? General
- Ensure that the “Allow Anonymous Access”-checkbox is checked, to enable anonymous access.
- Navigate to UI ? Admin ? Security ? Permissions
- Edit the “Anything” and “Any Remote” permission targets, removing all permissions for the Anonymous user
- Create new Permission Targets that will aggregate only the repositories you want to be accessed by the Anonymous user and set desired permissions for the Anonymous user on each new target.
For further information on setting permissions please visit our wiki page.