The industry’s first Private Distribution Network (PDN), a new innovative capability of JFrog Distribution, enables enterprises to easily set up and manage a fast, secure, massively scalable hybrid distribution network for software updates.
With PDN, enterprises can significantly accelerate software distribution to speed up deployments and concurrent downloads across large-scale environments spanning hybrid infrastructure, edges, and IoT devices.
Private Distribution Network Provides:
- Two integrated network utilization and acceleration technologies: secure P2P and CDN.
- An easy rollout across large scale environments/devices – making any infrastructure a Distribution Node.
- Users model their topology and deploy distribution groups in a multi-layer, cascading network that serves as content cache and network optimization.
- A low-touch management solution enables network topology modeling, triggering and tracking distribution transactions, RBAC, and more.
- Simple, as-a-service user experience, with usage-based pricing.
JFrog’s Private Distribution Network is currently available as a private beta and will be generally available in Q3, 2021.
- Speed – Accelerate deployments and concurrent downloads across large-scale, hybrid, complex environments and devices.
- Scale – Release software updates across massive footprints, using converged infrastructure that overcomes network constraints and download spikes.
- Resiliency – Ensure content HA and improve network utilization and resiliency, even with inbound-only firewalls or limited-connectivity.
- Hybrid – One-click distribution across mixed infrastructure footprints: on-prem datacenters, cloud/multi-cloud, edges, IoT, and embedded devices.
- Trust – Ensure security, compliance, and governance with trusted distribution: Immutable distributed releases, validation of distributed transactions and package integrity, out-of-the-box security and compliance scanning, RBAC, traceability, and more.
- Simple – Simplify operations with low-touch management, low TCO, and pay-per-use, flexible pricing.
- DevOps-Native – DEVOPS-NATIVE Distribution processes are native to your DevOps processes, tightly integrated with your CI/CD, binary management, and security policies.
Distribution Network Topology View – across all PDN groups and Distribution Nodes
״IDC predicts that more than 50% of new infrastructure will be deployed at the edge by 2023, with 7 million edges and 38 billion ‘things’ coming online this year alone.״
The exponential growth in edge and IoT, coupled with the increased adoption of cloud-native applications and more frequent deployments, have all created new challenges and bottlenecks for software distribution at scale — particularly when needing to release updates to thousands of environments/devices and overcoming the physical limitations of the network.
PDN AND JFROG DISTRIBUTION ARE PART OF THE JFROG DEVOPS PLATFORM
The JFrog Platform is the only end-to-end, central DevOps solution that bridges the gap between delivery processes and network bottlenecks/impediments to delivery at scale. It is the only solution to address the paradigm of Software Distribution and solve for the new challenges of modern delivery at scale.
* IDC Preparing for the Digital-First Economy: The Hyperscale Hyperspeed and Hyperconnected Enterprise, March 2020